For easy reference I'm including the project status by section. So if you are following along at home, you can more quickly find new entries.
|Fuselage||Dec 15, 2013|
|Canopy||Mar 23, 2014|
|Engine||Apr 29, 2012|
- Sep 3, 2012: Yeah I've said this before, but I am back on the
project again today. We had a leak in a pipe in our slab and well I did the
repairs myself which meant some home upgrades, etc. I'm done and really ready
to go and get back on track. I want this completed by Aug 2013 as a 40th
birthday present to me.
I've also added the option of following the site updates via Twitter. Don't
expect a ton of tweets, just notice when I update the web page.
- May 16, 2010: Well the rumors of my death have been greatly
exaggerated! It's amazing how easy it is to get distracted from the project.
After the holidays we had some wickedly cold days here (yes for Florida). I
wasn't willing to work in the garage in 30-40 degree temps. This is supposed to
be fun and that's not fun. Then spring came, and some vacation, and then some
spring cleanup around the house, etc, etc. Well NO MORE! I'm back on the plane
and put in 6 hours today. I'm determined to keep the trend going forward.
- Oct 19, 2009: Hard to believe that I missed the 1 year mark. The
part that made me realize that is I had to renew my domain and N number
- Jun 6, 2009: Bought my engine! Didn't really plan on it, it sort of
just happened. I thought I got a good deal and almost exactly what I wanted.
Read more about it under the engine section.
- Apr 27, 2009: Got back from Sun 'n Fun and it was just awsome. I
spent 3 days just talking to all the vendors and have made some decisions on
things I want in my airplane. I plan on writing up a seperate page to talk
about that, so look for that soon.
- Jan 7, 2009: It's a brave new year and while my Christmas present
was a bit late, I now have the quick build kit in the garage.
- Nov 29, 2008: I received notice from the FAA that my tail number is
reserved. Soon I'll be moving this build page to N396DK.org. That's the
month and year that Kim and I started dating, you can figure out the DK on your
- Nov 3, 2008: I have placed the order for the quick build fuselage and
wings. The only problem is that is seems Van's has them in stock! I was
expecting to wait about 5 months from time of order to delivery. So I'm
going to ask that they delay until the first of the year, since I'm not quite
prepared to get the big chunks right now.